CAKE is a Swedish company with a clear mission to inspire towards a zero-emission society, by combining excitement and responsibility in its development of light, quiet, and clean high
performance electric motorcycles. Its first model, the Kalk, debuted in January 2018 and has received numerous accolades. Since then, the Kalk model has developed into three versions; Race, Freeride, and Street legal. In 2019, CAKE launched the second platform Ösa, a utility vehicle with an integrated power station and off-road capabilities, extending the honoring attention and award-winning streak. In 2021 CAKE launched its third and more mass market product Makka that has to date had massive success. Beyond product launches the company secured a USD 60m equity raise in Q3 2021 aimed at accelerating the scale up.
It’s all about the outdoors. Explore with respect.
Learn more about CAKE at www.ridecake.com
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Finance & Accounting - US. A successful candidate is an experienced manager who is comfortable working in a high paced and quickly changing environment, as well as having solid experience in accounting.
The profile that we are looking for has at least 7 years of work experience, preferably a record of career progression and managerial experience. It is a benefit if the candidate has worked with accounting and finance at a startup in addition to a mature company. The candidate is experienced enough to make decisions on their own and possess the understanding of what requires central approval or when it is OK to act autonomously. It is key that the person is interested in working in a startup environment and knows that this at times can be challenging - hence, we’re looking for someone who is up for it!
The candidate will report to the Managing Director US but will have daily interactions with the central finance organization sitting in Stockholm, Sweden.
Primary work tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for accounting and reporting - both statutory for the local entity as well as management reporting to HQ (the P&L that you will be responsible for in terms of reporting is North America)
- Responsible for all Tax
- Responsible for liaising with HQ / central finance organization on controlling & commercial matters
- Responsible for finance business development locally (support will be offered from central but likely that additional resources need to be hired locally)
You have experience in:
- Accounting & Finance
- Startup environment
- Having worked internationally / international companies
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Masters degree in accounting / finance
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Highly analytical
- Great at structuring unstructured data
- Action oriented and fast
Location: US HQ in Los Angeles
Please give an indication about your potential starting date in your application. We are looking for someone who can start soon.