CAKE is on a mission to inspire a zero-emission society by combining excitement and responsibility to develop light, quiet, and clean, high-performance electric motorbikes. The company's success is accelerating and scaling up to reach the mass market. We are passionate about creating positive relationships and dedicated to our people and customer success.
Our electric motorbikes include several versions for the Kalk, Ösa, and Makka models that meet business and consumer needs. CAKE's innovative design continues to receive numerous accolades worldwide.
Learn more about CAKE here: www.ridecake.com
About the Role
Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization? CAKE is looking for an Accountant to join the LA Team to support our growth in North America. Our ambitions are high, and we need a person who likes to be in a company at its early stage, excited to be involved in different company projects. Proactivity or decision-making are key success factors.
The Accountant will be responsible for AP, payroll, expense management (Divvy), general ledger accounting, fixed assets, and support AR. The roll will also support the annual audit and assist with special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- AP - promptly manage all incoming vendor invoices, process through ExFlow, and assign appropriate coding (cost centers & G/L accounts). Monitor finance inboxes and ensure all invoices are captured and recorded. Ensure invoice approvals are directed to the correct individual and approvals are prompt (supporting cost center owners and addressing questions as needed). Support the Head of Finance in ensuring payments are timely. Monitor bank activity and record payment as appropriate.
- Payroll - support HR in processing bi-monthly payroll and off-cycle as necessary. Book the applicable payroll journal entries for each payroll run. Making sure to properly account for reimbursements and 401K contributions.
- Expense management – utilizing Divvy, manage all expenses that are charged to corporate cards. Ensure expenses have proper support/receipts and that monthly journal entries are recorded accurately.
- General ledger accounting – accurately record any opex spend that falls out of ExFlow, including prepaids. Assist with adjustments on an as needed basis.
- Fixed assets – manage all fixed asset activity, including demo/ambassador bikes, office equipment (e.g. laptops), and site assets. Move spend from CIP to FA and assign appropriate asset lives. Run depreciation monthly.
- AR – assist in validating AR balances and cancel orders as appropriate.
- Bank reconciliations – perform monthly bank reconciliation in Business Central. Troubleshoot any discrepancies and fully reconcile all payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of directly related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge and experience building checks-and-balances to avoid mistakes
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles and US GAAP
- Experience working in Microsoft 360, G-suite, and Salesforce