About the role
We are looking for a General Manager in the Amsterdam area to set up a successful CAKEsite and accelerate the presence of CAKE in the area. The main metrics are profitable consumer sales, business sales, product service and customer experience. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager who is comfortable working in a high paced and quickly changing environment, and has solid experience in setting up and running a business. Being result/sales/customer oriented and keeping a holistic view will be important. Although, the role also requires getting hands-on, as the first task will require setting up the local operations.
- Set up the local site (physical location with everything that it entails from a practical and administrative perspective)
- Recruit local personnel
- Activate the site
- P&L responsibility
- Manage local stakeholders (service suppliers, landlord, authorities etc.)
Some qualifications we think you have
- 10+ years of experience as a sales manager, KAM, or as a sales oriented project leader
- Self-driven and comfortable with prioritizing leads, selling B2B as well as B2C
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments
- Able to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Experienced enough to make decisions on your own and possess an understanding of what requires central approval or when it is OK to act autonomously
- Strong interest in working at a start-up and understand the challenges that it entails
This is a key role in the continued growth of the company and our desire is that you want to grow with us - the opportunity will definitely be there.
CAKE is a Swedish company with a clear mission to inspire towards a zero-emission society, by combining excitement and responsibility in its development of light, quiet, and clean high-performance electric motorcycles and mopeds. Its first model, the Kalk, debuted in January 2018 and received numerous accolades, including the 2019 and 2020 Red Dot Design Award, IF Design Award, Automotive Brand Contest Award, and “Best in Show” designation by several outdoor industry publications. In 2019, CAKE launched the Ösa, a utility platform with an integrated power station and off-road capabilities, which extended their award-winning streak. CAKE expanded into the race scene in November 2020, launching the Kalk OR Race and Kalk INK Race. In September 2021, CAKE released a convenient and light city moped, the Makka, expanding the user matrix further. Building on CAKE’s existing platforms, the :work series of bikes optimized for professional use, including last-mile delivery and service applications, was launched in November 2021.
Learn more about CAKE at: www.ridecake.com